Hello, everyone! Can’t believe this month is already over. A lot of things have changed, but nothing too significant for players, sadly. Anyway, let me get straight to it.
The huge bug I was talking about earlier… I fixed it. Sadly, it took so much time and energy that I’m not even happy about that. Anyway, now we can go back to chasing smaller bugs. Our former programmer said that I should just change the whole asset for moving NPCs and enemies. I’m not sure about that, but let’s leave this question for another time. Now we have to change task and fix something else.
And good news! Now you can move camera on scroll button! Big good change. Just a couple of days of work. Pretty easy.
- Now all NPCs are walking on the ground, not in the air. And not “jumping” or falling under ground when you are walking by.
- Fixed hitboxes of donkeys and bears. They were too small after changing appearances. Some cursed playing with sizes took place earlier, yes. Now you can talk to them without need to stay really close.
- Snow leopards are now moving, if the scene (battle zone) is loaded correctly. They still can walk away from player or mess up their animations, but that’s in progress. I’m going to work on this in a few days.
- Finally, the battle scene is loading correctly now. After spending enormously big amount of time on it, this piece of code is working. There are a few small errors here and there, the whole thing is inconsistent, but I won’t finish it to perfection. I don’t know how and there are more ugly things I need to attend.
- Fireballs are now flying on the correct layer, not behind trees and stones.
- Fixed a bug due to which crouching led to an error (sometimes to a fatal one).
- Now you can zoom the camera! Use the middle mouse button to bring it closer or move away.
- When chatting with an NPC, camera will adjust to fixed size (a bit closer than you’d use, I guess). Then return to previous settings.
Also, the artist has finished working on werewolf boss. Here’s a pic of him in comparison to other characters. There will be a huge amount of work for animator to make all attacks and jumps and everything, but for now, he can only walk and stand. And he’s not added to the game yet. Adding a whole new room for boss fight and coding dialogs is a big task for future me.
Oh! And animator is working on donkeys and bears right now. Artist finished drawing them with better clothes and accessories just a few days ago.
I also asked sound designer to create a few more sounds (for buttons, portals, maybe picking up items) and a new menu soundtrack. Sadly, everything is still in progress.
Let’s hope that I’m gonna post another update in a week, but I’m not sure anymore… Anyway, stay tuned, and good luck with no nut November!